My Goals Page
The Successful Failure
A year ago I started the maze a day project because I felt like a failure. A year later I succeeded in creating 300+ works of art in a year, worked on two book covers (for other novelists), had two art shows, sold more 15 pieces of art and met a wonderful group of people world-wide that now support my work.
More importantly I gained the confidence and skill set needed to take my art to the next level with the goal of living off my art. So I share with you my new goals for the next year.
WHAT: During the next 365 days (starting September 6, 2012)
- I will create 1 maze.
- I will draw and post a piece of day for the entire year.
- The maze will work and will be a single piece comprised of 365 smaller mazes.
WHAT: For the next 365 days (starting June 21 2012) I will
1. Create 50 new mazes. (Easy goal compared to the last but these will be better and more artistic)
2. I will make a minimum of $2000 a month providing a living from my art, wrtiting and storytelling.
3. I will Self Publish 3 (already completed) children’s books
4. I will put on my show “Maze-ing Life” a showcase of the Maze a Day project.
WHAT: Each day for the next 365 day/ (starting June 21 2011) I will create and publish a maze a day. I will publish an inspirational quote with the maze that inspires me to move toward my goals. My hope is that they inspire you as well! Enjoy!
WHY: I started the maze a day project for two reasons.
- I have failed miserably for the past several years in business, writing and art. I believe that not giving up is what will lead to me reaching my goals.
- Daily practice will not only make me better but get me in the habit of reaching a goal on a daily basis.
WHEN: Every day
WHO: Warren Stokes, author, artist, entrepreneur, and daddy.
The mazes? I started for a children’s book (still unpublished) that received positive feedback for how “artistic” they looked. I decided to take the mazes to a new level creating depth and illusions. Please subscribe to recieve the daily updates.